* Meets the Third Tuesday of the month
* 10.00am at Aletha’s Home
* 28120 – 105th Avenue SE, Auburn
PLEASE CONTACT NG BEFORE ATTENDING FIRST MEETING IN CASE OF ANY CHANGES TO TIME OR LOCATION
Aletha Gilbreth (email@example.com) 253-852-4188
Sewing Angels always does Community Service Sewing. Many times Aletha doesn’t know what the group will be doing until the day before. A popular project is the Burrito-style Pillowcases.
Burrito Style Pillowcase Instructions:
- 9-12” x 41″ strip for the cuff
- 2-3” x 41″ strip for the trim
- 27” x 41″ rectangle for the body
Press trim in half lengthwise wrong side together.
- Press body, trim and cuff in half widthwise to find the center.
- Lay cuff single layer, right side up
- Lay trim, raw edges together, along top edge of cuff matching the center.
- Pin body fabric right side down on top of trim and cuff matching the center.
- (You’ll have 4 raw edges together.) Pin so the heads of the pins are to the outside of the pillowcase
- Tightly roll body toward pins ending a couple of inches below top edge.
- Bring lower cuff over the body fabric and pin raw edges together. Wrong side of cuff should be on top.
- Sew ¼” seam, remove pins and turn right side out through either end.
- Press, trim sides so all are even, fold right sides together.
Finish side and bottom seam by serging or with a French seam