The Chapter Advisory Board (CAB) is comprised of the Executive Board (the elected officers) and the Appointed Positions (committee chairs appointed by the President and approved by the Executive Board). Elected and appointed CAB positions are held for the business year which starts in January. Neighborhood Group Leaders are non-voting members of the CAB. The StandingRulesSPS_5_15_2022 (PDF document) provides further information about the roles of CAB members.
Under the SPS Chapter Standing Rules, only members in the following elected and appointed positions on the CAB can make or second motions or vote on motions before the CAB.
Executive Board Members
- Kate Freeburg, President
- Pat Owen, 1st VP – Program/Events Chair
- Shirley Lee, 2nd VP – Membership Chair
- Alice Tarby, Secretary
- Sandra Dunkel, Treasurer
Appointed Board Members:
- Utahna Slater, Southern Neighborhood Group Coordinator
- Marilyn Lawler: Northern Neighborhood Group Coordinator
- Aletha Gilbreth, Sunshine/Historian
- Aletha Gilbreth, Community Service Liaison
- Doreen Rabe and Marcia O’Brien, Retail Liaison
- Kate Freeburg, Newsletter Editor
- Ellen Daly, Communications
- Kelli Wise, Webstitcher
- Executive CAB, Annual Meeting 2022 Organizers
- Alice Tarby, 2023 Style Show Coordinator
Each issue of the Chapter newsletter “Forever in Stitches” has a full list of all CAB members.
The CAB meets every other month and all meetings are open to the general membership. However, only Executive Board and appointed CAB members have voting rights at CAB meetings. The meetings are on the 2nd Sunday after the month the newsletter is published except in May (which is Mother’s Day) The meetings are held virtually via Zoom
http://Invite Link Invite Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81470497455?pwd=OENhdE9LVTVXY0EwNzUxdEhqNWZtdz09
from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Meetings for 2023